The American Association of Orthodontists recommends all children should be seen by an orthodontist check-up no later than age 7. It is during your first visit you get to meet with the orthodontist, Dr. Bruce Oliver. The consultation allows you to discuss your expectations and concerns. When it comes to assessing a child or an adolescent, it is important that a parent or responsible adult by present with them.
The consultation appointment lasts about 30 to 45 minutes and includes the examination and explanations. An x-ray may possibly be necessary to allow Dr. Bruce Oliver to establish a precise diagnosis. Clinical examination of the teeth and face is performed by the orthodontist. Dr. Bruce Oliver explains the diagnosis and recommended treatment options. These recommendations are established to prevent, intercept or correct problems already present. It is important to understand treatment options available, reasons for the choice of treatment or non treatment and length of treatment. If any problem is diagnosed and orthodontic treatment is recommended, you will be informed on the following:
- Why the problem is present,
- When the treatment should start,
- Which treatment modalities are best for you: type of appliances, metal braces, color braces, clear braces, invisible aligners (Invisalign®), etc
- The length of the treatment as well as the progress and frequency of the appointments,
- The cost of treatment. We offer flexible interest free payment plans to help meet individual financial needs to allow everyone to benefit from orthodontics,
- Insurance. We will provide you with the necessary documents for your insurance company,
- All of your questions will be answered.
Hope to meet you!